For the purposes of this writing MOOC, we need to come up with a personal benchmark, concerning our communication skills and rhetoric.
I consider myself capable of:
- adding complete citations to support my arguments
- having multiple sources to draw upon in order to find inspiration
- adding static visual enhancements to my drafts
- making use of humor deriving from pop culture elements
- carefully substitute colloquial words with “posh” vocabulary
On the other hand I really need to fix the following:
- self procrastination, leaving assignments and studying for the last minute
- writing automatically – brainstorming happens only occasionally and mostly mentally. I need to start taking drafting procedure more seriously.
- typos. The horror.
- Complex-compound sentence structure. I sometimes go overboard.
- adding more dynamic visual elements. I should consider recording or manipulating videos and more vivid visual stimuli.